This course provides foundational reasoning and practical tips for developing stronger, more effective independent reading practices that will help you instill a joy of reading, gain essential time for coaching, assess your students authentically, and meet the varied needs of every reader in your classroom.
How can I plan authentic, personalized, and accountable independent reading that moves beyond D.E.A.R. time and takes my readers to new heights?
- Describe Modern Elements of Quality Literacy Instruction
- Develop a Cutting-Edge Definition of Independent Reading
- Incorporate Best Practices in Literacy to Support and Strengthen Independent Reading
- Classroom Setup and Reading Environment
- Library Management and Organization
- Expectations, Modeling and Management
- Identify and Plan Foundational Routines for Independent Reading in Your Classroom
- Integrate Independent Reading into Your Existing Curriculum
- Personalize Independent Reading for Every Student
What You’ll Get
- Video and audio recordings
- Powerpoint presentation
- Participant guidebook
- Reproducible PDFs for classroom use
- Digital badge
Click here to view the badge for this course.